Especially in those grey days of winter when being outside is a bit less effortless it is important to remember that travelling and looking for adventures is what can make your life so much happier. If it is by foot on a hiking trip, a weekend trip with your car or van or just a short walk through the park you never went toSo I gathered my personal favourite inspiring travel quotes to motivate you to go outside and experience something new now and then… And also to motivate myself to plan future adventures 😉
The one which motivates me the most is the last one. Mark Twain, that intelligent man. I would be glad to read more inspiring travel quotes. You can leave me your favourite or a new one in the comments and we can collect more motivating words together!
25 Inspiring Travel Quotes
(1) We must take adventures in order to know where we truly belong.
(2) I hope the days come easy and the moments pass slow, and each road leads you where you want to go.
(3) When something good happens, travel to celebrate. When something bad happens, travel to forget. And when nothing happens, travel to make something happen.
(4) Destiny is not about the place you end up but the path that you are on. 🌿 John Izzo
(5) It doesn’t interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for – and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart’s longing. It doesn’t interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool – for love – for your dreams – for the adventure of being alive. 🌿 Oriah Mountain Dreamer
(6) Happiness is a car, the open road and a good friend.
(7) Some beautiful paths can’t be discovered without getting lost.
(8) Go outside. Don’t tell anyone and don’t bring your phone. Start walking and keep walking until you no longer know the road like the palm of your hand, because we walk the same roads day in and day out, to the bus and back home and we cease to see. We walk in our sleep and teach our muscles to work without thinking and I dare you to walk where you have not yet walked and I dare you to notice. Don’t try to get anything out of it, because you won’t. Don’t try to make use of it, because you can’t. And that’s the point. Just walk, see, sit down if you like. And be. Just be, whatever you are with whatever you have, and realise that that is enough to be happy. There’s a whole world out there, right outside your window. You’d be a fool to miss it. 🌿 Charlotte Eriksson
(9) Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one’s lifetime. 🌿 Mark Twain
(10) I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. 🌿 Douglas Adams
(11) Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire. 🌿 Jennifer Lee
(12) What you’ve done becomes the judge of what you’re going to do – especially in other people’s minds. When you’re traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don’t have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road. 🌿 William Least Heat Moon
(13) We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open. 🌿 Jawaharial Nehru
(14) And then there is the most dangerous risk of all – the risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. 🌿 Randy Komisar
(15) Not all those who wander are lost. 🌿 J.R.R. Tolkien
(16) A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving. 🌿 Lao Tzu
(17) Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. 🌿 Jack Kerouac
(18) Then I realized adventures are the best way to learn.
(19) The goal is to die with memories not dreams.
(20) Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less traveled by. 🌿 Robert Frost
(21) There was nowhere to go but everywhere, so just keep on rolling under the stars. 🌿 Jack Kerouac
(22) Happiness is letting go of what you think your life is supposed to look like and celebrate it for everything that it is. 🌿 Mandy Hale
(23) There’s no way I was born to just pay bills and die.
(24) If you love life, don’t waste time, for time is what life is made of. We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.
(25) Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. 🌿 Mark Twain
Which one do you like the most? Or do you have another quote which inspires you to roam and travel? You can leave me one of your inspiring travel quotes in the comments, I’d be verry happy to read it 🙂
Pictures of me by talented Connie Beatrice